It would be hard to overstate the significance of this unique truck by Chevrolet... Back in 1990 GM decided to put the biggest engine of the time, the 454, in the smallest configuration, a 2WD short bed 1/2 truck. The result was an instant Muscle Truck Pioneer destined to take you to Smoky Burnout Town in no time.
Here is a fine example of that era which show 1428 miles since new as documented by its title and condition. Back when new, it was turned into a Pro-Street custom, then spent the time from garage to garage with hardly any miles on the street. Here are the options and latest updates:
- a brand new "old school" GM L72 over-the-counter engine originally rated at 427/425. Freshly installed with about 3 miles on it, properly built with performance in mind as follows:
- Holley 850 Double pumper carburetor
- 1969 Corvette L82 intake manifold
- Heads are 840 closed chamber square port,
- 11.1 compression, Lunatti solid lifter roller cam, 650 intake, 660 exhaust
- cross drilled forged crankshaft
- Electronic Ignition MSD Digital+ 2 Stage with high RPM rev limiter and ignition start retard
- Aluminum radiator with electric fans
- original Turbo 400 Automatic transmission
- original 3.73 rear axle, narrowed to accommodate the wider tires
- new Chrome Coy wheels 20x15 (rear), 18x8 (front) with new proper tires
- 12-gallon fuel cell with Holley electric fuel pump
- Optima battery with the kill switch
- fiberglass hood, fiberglass front bumper
- Hooker header with Bullet 3-inch exhaust and mufflers
Interior is brand new stock Chevrolet as it was in the showroom floor with the addition of the race belt. All electronics work. AC system can be easily installed and plugged back in as all the controls are there.
A vinyl tonneau cover has been ordered and will be installed soon. Pics coming.
Here is your chance to own a classic alive, an immortal truck which blends looks and performance, all the while being a civilized driver and a Sunday racer...
Call for details. Classic Corvettes and Camaros trades welcome.