1978 T-Top Corvette Details
Contact us about this corvette!
THE VETTE NET, Nationwide Corvette Brokerage Network, proud Lifetime Business Member of the National Corvette Museum is pleased to offer a very nice and rare Corvette reminiscent of the late 70s.
You will be the third owner of this fine example of a 1978 Corvette. Built May 09, 1978 it came to Sarasota FL and was sold to first owner on July 10, 1978 as you see in this warranty form. Second owner got it in May 17, 1979 with 3520 miles and had it ever since. Car was last registered in 1996 and stored properly since. Miles show 21K which are very likely the correct miles on the car, considering its history and condition. It is now back to life in very-nice-to-excellent condition with everything in working order, including even the LOW FUEL light (!), but not the clock (of course!).
It is painted in rare Corvette Dark Brown (code 89) being one only 1991 out of 46779 models built that year. Paint appears to be original and is in very good condition.
Car was ordered with lots of option for the time, the most important feature being the L82 engine rated at 220 HP. Other options include: (RPO, numbers made/price in 1978)
- MX0 Automatic transmission - 38614/no cost option
- C60 Air Conditioning - 37638/$605
- C49 Rear Window Defogger - 30912/$95
- A31 Power Windows - 36931/$130
- D35 Sport Mirrors - 38405 -$40
- N37 Tilt Telescopic Steering Column - 37858/$175
- QBS - White-lettered Steel Radial Tires 255/60R15 - 18296/$216.32
- UP6 - AM/FM Delco Radio with CB radio - 7138/$638
- U75 Power Antenna - 23069/$49
- U81 Dual rear speakers - 12340/$49
- ZX2 Convenience group, includes: delay switch for dome, headlight warning buzzer, underhood light, low fuel warning light, interior courtesy lights, color-keyed floor mats, intermittent windshield wipers and RH visor vanity mirror - 37222/$84
- YJ8 - Aluminum wheels - $28008/$340
- 692 Dark Brown Leather - 2449/no cost option.
All gauges work, vacuum operates as it should, radio, CB, defogger, buzzer, alarm ... all work.
We are not aware of the type of tops the car came with since right now it is equipped with Astro Top, a one piece acrylic transparent top which fits very well, looks great on the car and keeps the rain out better that the original T-tops. One can easily procure and install a set of period correct painted or glass tops.
All in all, due to its originality, condition and documentation, this Corvette could be judged, shown at car shows and also make a snazzy and reliable driver.
For details about this Vette and others, please call Ken toll-free at 866-838-8363 (866-VETTENET) or email Ken@TheVetteNet.com
In business since 1998, THE VETTE NET has established itself as the premier source for buying, selling and leasing Corvettes, with over 2500 enthusiasts assisted nationwide and international. We are fellow Corvette Club members, we drive Vettes, we live the life-style, and enjoy the hobby. Our Motto is "UnderCommit - OverDeliver" and we guarantee a pleasant and straightforward experience.
Do you have a Vette for sale? If yes, you may want to take advantage of our unique FREE marketing program requiring no up-front fee and no exclusivity. Click here to submit your Corvette for sale.
(Due to the highly volatile Corvette market, some units might not be readily available. Please inquire for details, images © 2010 - THE VETTE NET)